Neck Pain Chiropractor
If you are searching for chiropractic care for neck pain, here at Discover Health and Wellness, all of our offices can help. We proudly serve the greater Denver area, along with Broomfield, Littleton, Lone Tree, Northglenn, and Westminster.
The following information is from the National Institutes of Health which gives an excellent summary on neck pain: Neck pain is discomfort in any of the structures in the neck. These include the muscles, nerves, bones (vertebrae), and the disks between the bones.
When your neck is sore, you may have difficulty moving it, especially turning to one side. Many people describe this as having a stiff neck. If neck pain involves compression of your nerves, you may feel numbness, tingling, or weakness in your arm, hand, or elsewhere.
A common cause of neck pain is muscle strain or tension. Most often, everyday activities are to blame. Such activities include:
- Bending over a desk for hours
- Having poor posture while watching TV or reading
- Having your computer monitor positioned too high or too low
- Sleeping in an uncomfortable position
- Twisting and turning your neck in a jarring manner while exercising
- Accidents or falls can cause severe neck injuries, such as vertebral fractures, whiplash, blood vessel injury, and even paralysis.
- Other causes include: Medical conditions, such as fibromyalgia, Cervical arthritis or spondylosis, Ruptured disk, Small fractures in the spine from osteoporosis, Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal), Sprains, Infection of the spine, Torticollis, and Cancer that involves the spine.
- If you are suffering from this health challenge, reach out to us today. Chiropractic care neck pain can be helped in our offices.